Reports to: Appointment Scheduling Manager
Answer calls from the Switchboard and direct calls to the correct person or department.
1. Answer calls timely and direct to the correct person or department.
2. Assist patients by looking up and verifying appointments.
3. Take messages as needed and give the information to the correct person.
4. Perform other duties as assigned and assist coworkers as needed.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent training. Some college preferred. Previous experience a plus.
Performance Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
• Skill in operating office equipment and computer, must be computer literate.
• Skill in speaking on the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, and doctors.
Typical Physical Requirements:
Requires sitting, viewing computer screen, and speaking on the phone for long periods of time. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator, or other office equipment. Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds.
Carolina Eye Associates reserves the right to change or modify job duties & essential functions at any time. Note that the above list of job duties and essential elements is an attempt to adequately describe this position, but cannot be considered to be an exhaustive list.