In Reach Specialist #53598, #53591, #53593
In Reach Specialist
Position # 53598, 53591, 53593
Hiring Salary Range: $38,892 - $41,004
Sandhills Center is a Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO) serving people in eleven counties in central North Carolina. We have a robust network of providers who offer treatment and support for mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
• Position provides in reach functions for individuals who have a serious mental illness or a serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI).
• The In Reach specialist will provide engagement, education, and peer support to identified individuals regarding community based mental health services and supported housing options.
• This position is also responsible for maintaining a caseload of post transition follow along cases. Travel is required.
• Provide peer counseling and support to targeted DOJ Settlement eligibles
• Encourage and support the transition of DOJ Settlement eligibles from Adult Care Homes and psychiatric facilities through mentorship and psychoeducation
• Educate and model self-empowerment and self-responsibility as a core recovery-oriented principle guiding all aspects of service delivery.
• Support and model self-advocacy skills.
• Identify community and natural supports and assist targeted DOJ Settlement eligibles with accessing such activities/opportunities
• Utilize personal recovery experience to facilitate the completion of individual transition plans
• Assist DOJ Settlement care Coordinators to assess ongoing progress with transition plans, guide individuals in making necessary changes to plans and celebrate individual successes.
• Assist DOJ Settlement Care Coordinators and Transition Coordinator to facilitate transition teams that promote optimal transition plans for targeted DOJ Settlement
• Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years of experience in providing support services to individuals with mental health, intellectual disabilities or substance use needs.
• or graduation from a two-year associate program designed to prepare support personnel for human services agencies which includes a six-month practicum/ internship (one year of the above experience can be substituted).
Must be certified as a North Carolina Certified Peer Support Specialist at time of hire.
Must reside in North Carolina