Post Transition Care Coordinator #403348, #403349, #403352
Post Transition Care Coordinator
Position #: 403348, 403349, 403352
Location: West End
Starting Annual Salary: $54,720 - $55,200
Work can be remote or hybrid and will require extensive travel in the catchment area
Sandhills Center is a Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO) serving individual in eleven counties in central North Carolina. We have a robust network of providers who offer treatment and support services for mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
This position is responsible for providing care coordination (treatment planning, assessment, monitoring, educating, and referral/linking) to individuals identified in the Transitions to Community Living Initiative Special Needs Populations (TCLI).
The PTCC works directly in the community with members performing face-to-face evaluations to determine the member's needs which is based on the PTCC's knowledge and experience.
• Engage members in care coordination/management processes with reflective listening and motivational interviewing to assess the mental health, medical and social needs of the member to successfully transition to independent living within a timely and effective manner.
• Completing face-to-face evaluations to determine the member's needs which is based on PTCC's knowledge and experience.
• Ensure discharge/transition planning and diversion are based on the principles that, with sufficient services and supports, people with SMI or SPMI can live in an integrated setting.
• Work collaboratively with licensed Clinicians, Registered Nurses, Peer Support Specialists and other individuals as a part of the member's multidisciplinary team to ensure successful discharge/transition planning/post transition monitoring.
• Assess member's needs who have transitioned into supportive housing to determine if additional supports and services are needed for continued independent living.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in human services field plus three (3) years of relevant
experience working directly with individuals with SMI or SED.
Must be a QP and prefer experience working with adults that have severe and persistent Mental Illness.
Must reside in North Carolina.
• Local Government Retirement Plan
• 401k with a 3% match
• Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account