Tara Plantation of Carthage
The mission of Tara Plantation is to insure a safe and secure environment and to provide the care necessary to enhance our resident's quality of life. We strive to provide the highest quality of care, respecting the privacy and dignity of our residents and offering a homelike environment that each resident deserves.
Cook is responsible for food preparation according to a preplanned menu. Ensures that food is prepared according to standardized recipes and presented attractively. Maintain sanitary conditions throughout meal preparation and serving. Ensure that foods are cooked, served and stored at the proper temperatures. Ensure that proper items and portions are served according to residents prescribed diet.
• Serve meals according to preset schedule.
• Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
• Monitor temperatures of food and document.
• Prepare residents’ plates according to prescribed diet.
• Prepare foods needed for meal according to preplanned menu and recipe.
• Prepare snacks for residents according to menu.
• Take out any food needed to be thawed or precooked for the next meal.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Dietary Manager or Administrator.
• Follow all rules and regulations as set up by the State of North Carolina, Division of Facility Services and Local Health
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous experience preferred, yet will train providing necessary certifications.
• Ability to work well in a team setting
Benefits & Perks:
• Competitive wage package (pay rate is based on experience), though we are open to train a prospective qualified candidate
• Pay increase after 90 days
• Comprehensive benefit packages including medical, dental and vision
• Paid vacation
• Christmas bonus
• Culture of employees creating an IMPACT!
Tara Plantation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.