Public Works Supervisor
Public Works Supervisor, Full-time
Starting Salary $37,940
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• (Any one position may not include all of the tasks listed, nor do the examples necessarily include all of the tasks performed.)
• Plans, organizes, supervises and coordinates daily, the work and personnel of the Town’s Public Works Department including scheduling, prioritizing work and emergency coverage.
• Confers with departmental Commissioners and the Mayor with respect to short and long-range public works facilities projects, land use and work programs.
• Participates, leads and directs the various street functions, activities and crew personnel.
• Formulates daily projects and priorities in consultation with the Board of Commissioners.
• Supervises crew and participates in the maintenance and repair of existing paved streets.
• Supervises crew and participates in the maintenance of Town properties, ditches and rights-of-ways.
• Leads and assists in the maintenance of minor repair of equipment.
• Operates heavy equipment as required.
• Participates and leads in the maintenance and replacement of street signs.
• Responsible for varied miscellaneous jobs as required.
• Monitors crew and projects.
• Prepares reports and records the maintenance if vehicles and equipment.
• Supervises and maintains all necessary supplies for the water department and its contractors including re-ordering of supplies; maintenance of well houses, lift stations and surrounding grounds.
• Supervises or responds in timely manner to calls and notifications of water leaks.
• Supervises the timely processing of requests for re-reads on water meters, late notices and cut-off notices.
• Assists in preparation of the department’s annual operating budget.
• Prepares and/or supervises operational records and reports.
Additional Job Duties
Performs related duties, as required.
Utility vehicle, trucks, backhoe, hand tools, and various types of construction equipment as may be required.
• Graduation from an accredited high school, or GED is required.
• Possess Valid Class C NC Driver’s License.
• Experience in some mechanical equipment maintenance training is preferred.
Considerable experience in road and grounds maintenance, including experience in a supervisory capacity and in the operation if construction equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Position Open: Until filled
Agency: Town of Pinebluff
Address: 325 East Baltimore Avenue Pinebluff, NC 28373 Phone: (910) 281-3124
This Agency Seeks Diversity in the Workplace.
The Town of Pinebluff is an Equal Opportunity Employer